Two-factor authentication (2FA) is an improved security measure that requires two forms of identification: your password and a generated security code. With 2FA enabled, an application on your smartphone supplies a code that you must enter with your password to log in. Without your smartphone, you cannot log in.
(Home >> Security >> Two-Factor Authentication)
Configure two-factor authentication
To configure two-factor authentication, perform the following steps:
- Click Set Up Two-Factor Authentication.
- To configure two-factor authentication, you must link your cPanel account and your 2FA app:
- To automatically create the link, scan the displayed QR code with your app.
- To manually create the link, enter the provided Account and Key information in your app.
- Open your 2FA app to retrieve the six-digit security code.
- Enter the six-digit security code in the Security Code text box.
- Click Configure Two-Factor Authentication.
Remove two-factor authentication
To remove two-factor authentication, click Remove Two-Factor Authentication.
Reconfigure two-factor authentication
To reconfigure two-factor authentication, click Reconfigure. Follow the steps to configure two-factor authentication.